Tuesday, January 5, 2021


      This phrase just may have more meaning and emphasis than ever before!  I hope that everyone has had a wonderful beginning to the new year, as well as having a wonderful Christmas break.  Even though somethings have not changed, this is the fresh start to a new year.  A mantra that I am trying to keep in the forefront of my thoughts is the following: "I may not be able to control the world around me but I can control how I react to the world."  In that control, I am working hard to choose gratitude and joy!  So many of my devotionals have recently talked about God wanting you to reach for your dreams and succeed at achieving them.  So again, I am choosing gratitude and joy, and that is my response to this world! 

     So what are we doing in guidance this month?  It's all about feelings!  Different types of feelings, how can you tell what a person is feeling, feelings are not good or bad, how you react to a feeling can determine whether or not you get in trouble and much more.  It's all the things about feelings, with a little winter theme sprinkled on top!  The kindergarten and first grade classes are discussing various feeling by looking at the facial expressions on some penguin and snowman friends and then practicing drawing those feelings on snowmen.  The second grade and third grades are discussing the various facial expressions on snowmen and then doing some feelings identification boom cards on the Chromebooks.  My goal is to help them in identifying the feelings of others as well as themselves.

   This blog is short and sweet but I do want to leave you with a prayer that I love for this time of year.

May the Lord bless you and keep you;

May the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;

May the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

     As always, please let mew know if I can be of help to you and your family.  I can be reached at kim.bennett@owensborocatholic.org or by calling (270)684-7583.


No comments:

Post a Comment

       Hey April, I'm loving your weather!   I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and great spring break!  We are on the down hill sli...